Job opening Internship
Fund+ is seeking an Intern to support its team during a 3-6 month placement. We are looking for someone with passion for life sciences and startups and make the first step to develop a career in Venture Capital investments.
Our purpose is to make long term investments in highly innovative, life science companies primarily active in therapeutics, as well as companies developing diagnostics and medical devices, with strong long-term potential. The combination of our open ended fund structure and relevant sector expertise clearly position us as an investor of choice for companies in the life science sector. Our fund has made 15 investments and realized 3 exits resulting already in a top decile performance.
- To support the team during a fixed term placement (3-6 months) with daily activities related to sourcing, market research and analysis of investment opportunities, namely:
- Deal sourcing, including list-building,
- Pro-active screening of one or more scientific fields that could be of interest to Fund+ in order to determine future investment thesis.
- Initial screening and documenting incoming deal flow,
- Attend, together with the other team members, meetings with prospective portfolio companies,
- Assist in the analysis of investment opportunities under the guidance of other team members, such as compiling competitors reviews, transactions and market size data and other relevant deal specific research,
- Strong academic performance and an expected or recently attained degree from a top-tier undergraduate institution,
- Up to a max 2 years of experience from an investment bank or leading consultancy.
- While beneficial, previous placements/work experience are not a prerequisite.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and excellent work ethics,
- Outstanding analytical skills, high attention to detail, pro-active and self-motivated,
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships with people,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- A multicultural background is a plus, you have explored the world and ideally speak more than two languages,
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success.
As soon as possible
- Exceptional learning opportunities and a general introduction to the field of life sciences Venture Capital with considerable mentorship from the Fund+ team,
- An energizing working environment with fun but high-performing colleagues,
- A chance to work with exceptional entrepreneurs,
- Reasonable expenses for travel and operations are covered
To apply, please send your resume and motivation letter to HR@fundplus.be
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.